Programs and Events
Fundy Connect (A great resource for all things recreation (events, sports, programs, etc.)
For information regarding upcoming summer programs for youth, please see the
for June 2017.
Parrsboro Cyclefit: A 4 week co-ed Indoor Cycling Summer session will be offered in July. The Early Risers Spin Class will be held Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 6:15-7:00am at Parrsboro Regional Elementary School at a cost of $5 per class. To book a bike contact Phyllis Yorke at 902-254-2317. Classes begin on July 4th. All fitness levels welcome.
Kim Harrison's Fitness: Kim offers several types of classes including Tabata, Interval Training, Bootcamp, Body Pump and Step. Contact Kim at 902-254-4459 or visit her Facebook page "Kim Harrison's Fitness" for more information.
Nova Scotia 55+ Games 2017 - September 13-16, 2017 Lunenburg County. For more information and to register, please visit our
Community Bike Share Program
To facilitate cycling as a utilitarian and sustainable community method in the Town of Parrsboro, the Recreation Department is offering a Bike Share Program. The concept is quite simple: bikes are loaned free of charge to members and tourists in the community. Bike Share gives residents and visitors the possibility of getting around by bike without having to purchase or maintain one!
How to Borrow a Bike Share Bike: Hours of operation: 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday to Friday (excluding holidays). Go to Parrsboro Town Hall (4030 Eastern Avenue) to complete sign-out sheet. Please note: bikes are loaned on a first come, first served basis. When you're finished, return the bike back to Town Hall and sign it in. Bike Share equipment includes: bikes, locks, helmets and repair kits. Sharing a bike is a privilege, not a right; please treat the program with respect.
Tennis Court Use
The past year has seen the renovation and re-development of our local tennis courts to include new fencing and gates, asphalt correction, new nets and posts, new practice board, installation of permanent lighting, and surface paint. We would like to ask the community for their help in keeping this facility in excellent condition by using it solely for tennis purposes. Thank you.
Tennis Court Rules
- Courts are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Please keep the gates closed at all times.
- Sitting, pushing or pulling on tennis nets is prohibited.
- The use of profane or obscene language is not permitted. Rough play, throwing racquets or abusive conduct is not permitted.
- No littering - please keep the courts clean.
- Tennis courts are to be used for tennis only. No bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades, scooters, wheeled vehicles of any type, or other activities permitted.
- Pets are not allowed on courts.
- The following items are prohibited in and around the courts: alcoholic beverages, glass containers, food, gum and cigarettes.
These rules exist for the purpose of protecting the courts from damage due to improper use. Each player is asked to cooperate, and assist in enforcing them.