Programs and Events
Fundy Connect (A great resource for all things recreation (events, sports, programs, etc.)
Youth & Adult Programs
For information regarding upcoming youth and adult programs, please see the
for September 2017.
Kim Harrison's Fitness: Kim offers several types of classes including Tabata, Interval Training, Bootcamp, Body Pump and Step. Contact Kim at 902-254-4459 or visit her Facebook page "Kim Harrison's Fitness" for more information.
Community Bike Share Program
To facilitate cycling as a utilitarian and sustainable community method in the Town of Parrsboro, the Recreation Department is offering a Bike Share Program. The concept is quite simple: bikes are loaned free of charge to members and tourists in the community. Bike Share gives residents and visitors the possibility of getting around by bike without having to purchase or maintain one!
How to Borrow a Bike Share Bike: Hours of operation: 8:30am-4:00pm, Monday to Friday (excluding holidays). Go to Parrsboro Service Centre (4030 Eastern Avenue) to complete sign-out sheet. Please note: bikes are loaned on a first come, first served basis. When you're finished, return the bike back to Town Hall and sign it in. Bike Share equipment includes: bikes, locks, helmets and repair kits. Sharing a bike is a privilege, not a right; please treat the program with respect. Program ends November 1.
Tennis Court Use
The Tennis Courts will remain open this fall. Equipment is available for borrowing at the Parrsboro Service Centre. Courts cannot be booked in advance. Court lights turn off at 11:00pm.
Tennis Court Rules
- Courts are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Please keep the gates closed at all times.
- Sitting, pushing or pulling on tennis nets is prohibited.
- The use of profane or obscene language is not permitted. Rough play, throwing racquets or abusive conduct is not permitted.
- No littering - please keep the courts clean.
- Tennis courts are to be used for tennis only. No bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades, scooters, wheeled vehicles of any type, or other activities permitted.
- Pets are not allowed on courts.
- The following items are prohibited in and around the courts: alcoholic beverages, glass containers, food, gum and cigarettes.
These rules exist for the purpose of protecting the courts from damage due to improper use. Each player is asked to cooperate, and assist in enforcing them.